Revision as of 17:03, 14 November 2013 by Simon (Created page with "= MAGEEC meeting, 14th November, 2013, Lymington = = Present: SC, JP, SH, JB = == Review of previous actions == * ER table complete * Moon has written up but not completed sec...")
MAGEEC meeting, 14th November, 2013, Lymington
Present: SC, JP, SH, JB
Review of previous actions
- ER table complete
- Moon has written up but not completed second blog post
- Wuthering Bytes went well and had a larger than expected interest for the energy measuring boards.
Project progress and plan update
- WP2,5,6,8,9 active.
- Need to review the test set deliverable – still too small.
- SC: working on gcc plugin -fplugin=libmageec_gcc.so
- Will configure so that machine learner can override and gcc assumed flags if it wants to set/clear then.
- First implementation is there, but not yet hooked into the machine learner.
- The hook-in is on target for the end of the month.
- Tests not ready so may miss schedule. D2.2
- Need extra command-line tool for manipulating results table, but this is not in current deliverable.
- WP4 (training set) needs extending. New deliverable 4.4, the evaluation set. Could be BEEBS V2.
- WP7.1, 7.2 done via published papers and JP's PhD work.
- Risk register updated. Strategy for dealing with new highest risk adopted.
Preparation for project review
- Review of progress against targets
- LLVM target will not be started by end of month. 2.2 deadline from 30Dec->28 Feb. Instead, gcc focus will push on getting it produce some productions.
- Delay due to ML dependency. The ML interface is no fixed, so should not have a knock-on effect on the subsequent iterations, but has impacted completion time of
- D7.1 and D7.2 completed. Documentation will come as part of JP's PhD review on 4th December.
- WP3. 3.3 V2 measuring hardware due on 11th December.
- WP5: all deliverables completed.
- WP7: D7.1, D7.2 complete. D7.3 underway.
- WP9: Customer and enthusiast interest. FOSDEM. New contracts. Papers, REF impact.
- Evaluation criteria plan for presentation.
Flash line optimisation (under WP7)
- D7.2 JP has identified how to optimise code for flash
- D7.3 Joern implementation in progress on gcc according to agreed requirements.
- We will want to test for improvement/harm on architectures that do/do not have the optimised-for flash.
- D7.4 question about implementation on architectures that do not support LLVM
- SC: Link to wiki page to be added on how to interact with results table.
- SC: 2.2 deadline from 30Dec->28 Feb. Update risk register and work plan.
- JP: post (link/copy) PhD review material for D7.1 and D7.2 when complete.
- SC, JB, SH: review progress on iteration 1 and subsequent iterations for impacts on timescale.
- SC: D1.5. Needs link to a change doc.
- SH: V2 measurement board wiki and blog post. Harnessing demand and industry for external evaluation theme.
- SC: Update 3.3 due date to 31st Jan (for FOSDEM).
- SC: New deliverable 4.4, the evaluation set.
- SH, MG, SC, JB: Schedule a time (5th Dec?) to sit down and trawl through benchmark possibilities for a test set
- SC: D5.1-5.4 mark as completed and link to all. Lit page, add link to Moon's work.
- JP: Update D7.1 with information
- SC: set up media links to pull together for WP9.
- AB: Push on community contributions to benchmarks.
- SC: Arrange monthly phone conferences to discuss the new main project risk, on WP4.
- SH: UoB budget report and forecasts.
- JB: Open hardware licence update
- SC: Presentation for project review.
- SH: Chase accounting rules for Embecosm
- JP/SH: Pictures of kit for review presentation.
- JB, SH, JP, KIE, SC: Log talks for FOSDEM in the online system.
- SC: Setup wikipage for sticker ideas.
- AB: Table at FOSDEM: Sat → fully manned. Sunday → one man show
- SH: Extra spot at FOSDEM?
- Main track accepted.
- Devroom topics
- JB: Introductory talk (non main track version)
- SH: The physics of energy usage
- JP: Energy measurement hardware
- KIE: ENTRA
- Hayden: EACOF
- SC: MAGEEC
- Open Low Power Devices, Emilio Monti (mbed)