[MAGEEC] Accuracy of the power measurement shield

Mark Kettner mark.kettner.91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:30:54 GMT 2018

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for the fast reply.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Jeremy Bennett
<jeremy.bennett at embecosm.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty certain I have used this in the past with different
> resistor values successfully. Since the project has completed three
> years ago, I have done little work with the energy measurement board.
>
> One thing I notice is that you are using the v2 code, while my
> repository has the pyusb branch checked out. I don't know if this is
> significant.

This isn't significant. the convertData function in v2 and pyusb are
almost the same[0][1]. the error ought to be around there because
nowhere else the values get modified.

If I can spare some time i'll submit a patch. But I am not familiar
with this either.

[0]https://github.com/jpallister/stm32f4-energy-monitor/blob/pyusb/src/python/pyenergy.py#L198
[1]https://github.com/jpallister/stm32f4-energy-monitor/blob/v2/pyenergy/src/pyenergy/pyenergy.py#L501
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Mark Kettner