[MAGEEC] Hello, and question from a newbie to the list

Ed Jones ed.jones at embecosm.com
Wed Sep 30 09:59:01 BST 2015

Hi Trupti,

As the MAGEEC part of the TSERO project is still in the early stages,
there is no documentation currently available. I am in the process of
writing the design document detailing the changes which are being made
to the MAGEEC design and this should be available relatively soon.

There will be a public wiki up in the near future, however in the
meantime the most relevant material is that for the original MAGEEC
project. The overall architecture of MAGEEC is not going to change
substantially, so any resources are still reasonably relevant.

I'm very interested in finding applications for training and
benchmarking MAGEEC; As part of the development process, we will be
testing the TSERO updated MAGEEC on desktop application sized programs
to verify that it works before scaling up to HPC. We do not yet have a
benchmark suite for this, but I am planning to do something similar to
the BEEBS used in the original project.

It is worth noting that I do not expect the TSERO MAGEEC design to be in
a functional state for another month or so.

Thank you,
Edward Jones