[MAGEEC] Hello, and question from a newbie to the list

Trupti Kulkarni Trupti.Kulkarni at geant.org
Mon Sep 21 10:51:01 BST 2015

Hello,

My name is Trupti and I work for GÉANT in Cambridge. I came across your project whilst searching and reading up on how to write energy-efficient software applications. MAGEEC has certainly piqued my interest, and after having gone through some materials and a YouTube video over the weekend, I would like to know if this is only for compilers that run embedded software programs? Or can this also be used for a user-written software program, which for the sake of simplicity, let’s say has been written in C/C++ ? For example, when one runs a C program through the data gathering process, can that C program be any piece of code (say a client-server IM chat application), or only for an embedded system?

Thanks, and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Trupti Kulkarni
GÉANT - Cambridge Office
Networks • Services • People
Learn more at www.geant.org​<http://www.geant.org/>
​GÉANT is the collective trading name of the GÉANT Association in Amsterdam, NL, and of GEANT Limited in Cambridge, UK

GEANT Limited, trading as GÉANT. Registered in England & Wales. Registration Number 2806796. Registered Office – City House, 126-130 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1PQ