[MAGEEC] Meeting notes live

Andrew Back andrew at abopen.com
Thu Jun 26 10:18:00 BST 2014

Hi All,

On 26 June 2014 09:17, Simon Hollis <cssjh at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The notes from yesterday's meetings are now on the wiki at:
>
> http://mageec.org/wiki/Meeting_25_June_2014,_Embecosm

Thanks, Simon.

> Please let me know if you have any comments regarding them.

The proposed SDR case study is interesting. Are there any particular
applications in mind? I'm wondering if GSM might be a good candidate,
as there are open source implementations which are being used in
remote/rural deployments which rely on solar and small generators —
so, any power savings could be quite welcome. I do community
management for the UmTRX project (an open hardware transceiver
designed for use with GSM) and could discuss with the folks at
Fairwaves if this would be of interest.

On the blog posts action point: do we have a rough plan or shall I
follow up with people?

Something I had intended to raise prior to the meeting is a suggestion
that we make better use of this list, so that there it's easier to
follow progress and there is greater transparency etc. Also, there are
frameworks which attempt to measure the "openness" and health of open
source projects, and in each case mailing list activity is used as one
of the key indicators.

In general I think we should aim for more frequent updates via the
blog and list, which needn't be based around milestones and can simply
serve to provide various insights on project progress.

Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Back