[MAGEEC] [BEEBS] Running Measurements

George Field george.field at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:54:27 BST 2014

Hi all,

I'm currently struggling getting DejaGNU to execute the benchmarks in BEEBS
(currently branching from the latest beebsv2, 9b298d6) on a shrimp. I have
platformrun working, albeit with errors about multiple measurements, and
thus rather small energy results. Make check however appears to be timing
out and giving 0 readings for everything.

I'm invoking it as:
AVRDUDE='/usr/bin/avrdude' AVRDUDE_FLAGS='-carduino -patmega328p
-P/dev/ttyUSB0 -D' ENERGYTOOL_SERIAL='MSP0' ENERGYTOOL_PIN='PA0'
ENERGYTOOL_POINT='2' TIMEOUT=120 ENERGY_DATA='tmpenergy.csv' make
RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=avr-avrdude measure.exp" check

I am seeing a "WARNING: Couldn't find tool init file" when running the
above, just prior to the tests beginning. Could this be related?

I've also switched to using a breadboard based shrimp, to rule out my
admittedly shoddy soldering.

Any help would be appreciated!

George