[MAGEEC] [BEEBS] So what _do_ the E's stand for...

Andrew Burgess andrew.burgess at embecosm.com
Fri Aug 1 20:17:37 BST 2014

I was going to standardise the expanded name used throughout the BEEBS
code and just wanted to double check that there's agreement on what
the actual name should be.

Currently on the wiki here for example:
  http://mageec.org/2014/06/20/introducing-beebs-benchmarking-for-energy/
We go with "Bristol/Embecosm Embedded Energy Benchmark Suite", which
seems to have too many E's.

In the code we currently have:

      1 Bristol/Embecosm Benchmark Suite
      4 Bristol/Embecosm Embedded Benchmark Suite
    100 Bristol/Embecosm Embedded Energy Benchmark Suite
    277 Bristol/Embecosm Energy Efficiency Benchmark
      2 Bristol Energy Efficiency Benchmark Suite

In the last meeting, according to the notes:
     http://mageec.org/wiki/Meeting_21_July_2014
we agreed on "Bristol/Embecosm Energy Benchmark Suite"

but I thought we'd agreed "Bristol/Embecosm Embedded Benchmark Suite".

Would anyone like to pick one?  If I don't hear anything else I'll go
with "Bristol/Embecosm Energy Benchmark Suite" as that's what the
minutes say we agreed on.

Thanks,
Andrew