[MAGEEC] FOSDEM dev room.
andrew at abopen.com
Thu Sep 12 15:58:37 BST 2013
We're planning to submit our application for a developer room at
FOSDEM later today and so I'd appreciate feedback on the outline
below, along with any suggestions for additional topics we could
cover, projects we could invite, or workshops we could host.
Note that these are just working titles and projects should have open
source software and/or hardware outputs.
1. Energy-efficiency: challenges and opportunities (Jeremy)
2. The Physics of energy usage (Simon H)
3. Energy measurement hardware (James)
4. MAchine Guided Energy-Efficient Compilation (Simon C, or multi-handed?)
An introduction to the MAGEEC project, from data gathering, through
machine learning and to compiler integration.
5. An intro to ENTRA (Kerstin)
Presentation on the latest research in static analysis of code for
energy consumption, how we link this into llvm and what the state of
the project is, together with what we hope to achieve. An overview of
some of the tools produced and invitation to provide input to their
6. EACOF (Kerstin?)
7. Energy measurement workshop
Bring along your applications and have the energy consumption measure
on a pre-instrumented Arduino, Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone.
Principal, AB Open Ltd
More information about the mageec