[MAGEEC] Items for project meeting today.

Kerstin Eder Kerstin.Eder at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 09:23:31 GMT 2013

Dear Andrew,

Very good points. :)

I've asked Kyriakos Georgiou to submit a proposal on a mapper tool that
takes energy consumption information from the machine level and
propagates it back up the llvm toolchain to the developer - all free and
open source. We hope to engage the community and to inspire some
interesting developments based on this - perhaps cool/hot programming
GUIs or so?

Re STICKERS, this is a stunning idea!

Now, I'm part of a new European consortium on ICT-Energy. I think the
logo we have can be used here to promote the idea of low energy
computing. It is a simple switch - see attached. I've got to double
check this with the coordinator, but can do this today if the idea is
deemed viable. The switch could be printed in any colour we like - pink,
blue, green - whatever. :) The ICT-Energy project is a coordination and
support action - it aims to build a community around the area of energy
use in ICT towards more energy efficient ICT - from nano devices to data
centres. We are somwhere in the middle of the system stack. So this
would be an excellent fit and great synergy between what we do and the
ICT-Energy CSA.

What do you think? Should I ask the coordinator?

I should be in the office in about 1h, so please let me know if you want
me to elaborate on this.

Best wishes,
Kerstin