[MAGEEC] MAGEEC Machine Learning Implementation

Simon Cook simon.cook at embecosm.com
Mon Nov 4 14:46:37 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I have been looking at the machine learning implementation for MAGEEC and
have been looking for a library that we could include with C4.5/J48 instead
of having to reimplement the entire algorithm from scratch.

>From the Wikipedia article on the algorithm I came across
http://www.rulequest.com/Personal/c4.5r8.tar.gz, but this isn't suitable as
we can't redistribute it, the page (http://www.rulequest.com/Personal/)
mentions a C5.0 algorithm that is available under the GPL (
http://rulequest.com/download.html, http://rulequest.com/GPL/C50.tgz).

Has anyone had experience with this as an alterative or can evaluate
whether this is similar enough/suitable for our needs? Alternatively is
anyone aware of an implementation we can include with MAGEEC or is
reimplementation the way forward?

Thanks,
Simon